It’s a new year – time for spring cleaning. I checked my computer for viruses today and immediately, two threats were found. But when I looked at the report, I noticed that the program marked a program as a Trojan Horse that was written by me. I found the source code for this suspicious program “test44.c” I wrote some years ago and as you can see in the picture, the only thing it does is outputting the string “pid” to the standard output.
I’m not quite sure why the antivirus thought this is a thread. “Pid” is a common abbreviation for “process id” but this itself can’t be the reason for this false-positive. Anyway, I deleted the program to comfort the antivirus.